I first heard this on a Pandora station for Regina Spektor.
New Soul by Yael Naim
This was so good.
You know when a soups really thick?
So warm. So good. So thick.
Inspired by Pioneer Woman's Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 8 oz. mixed beans (pinto, black, chili, kidney)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- small onion
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (8 oz) diced tomatoes
- 3 cups canned tomato sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Heat oil. Saute onion. Add two tablespoons of chili powder and 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- Add carrots and celery.
- Once the veggies are cooked, add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, frozen corn and beans.
- Simmer for 20 minutes
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and tortilla chips.