I'd been wanting to try this pizza from Debrah Madison's Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone for forever! It was so good! and the crust was too!
But then again, I love olives more than the average person...
"Something That I Want"from the film Tangled
- 1 cup olives, such as Niçoise, Kalamata, or green, pitted
- ¼ cup capers, rinsed
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme leaves or ½ teaspoon dried
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly milled pepper
- Fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
- 1/8 cup lard or vegetable shortening
- 1 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons salt
- Olive oil
Olive Paste:In a food processor, make a smooth paste of the olives, capers, garlic, and thyme if using dried. Add the olive oil while the machine is running. Season with pepper and add lemon juice and thyme if using fresh.
In an electric mixing bowl, whisk the yeast, sugar, water and lard together to make a paste. Add the flour and salt and mix, using a dough hook, until the dough comes away from the sides and crawls up the dough hook. Remove the dough from the bowl. Grease the bowl with olive oil and place the dough back in the bowl. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and divide dough in half. Roll the dough into balls, cover, and let the dough rest for 15 to 20 minutes. Roll out dough.