Sunday, August 4, 2013

Mashed Peas

When I went to London last year, this was the one food that I fell in love with.
I have yet to recreate the perfect texture with a potato masher as many sites suggest and I'm still not sure about the mint.  But when I get a hankering, there's not much else to do but make mashed peas.

"I Wish I Wish" Cat Stevens
(I wish I could make perfect Mashed Peas!)
 (I could listen to this all day)

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
  • 1 handful fresh mint, leaves picked
  • 1 pound (500 grams) frozen peas
  • 2 large knobs butter
  • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions


Heat the oil in a pan and add the chopped onions, mint, and peas. Cover and leave for a few minutes to steam. Mash with a potato masher. You can do this with a food processor as well, just pulse it until smooth. Whether mashing or pulsing, when it's done add the butter and season very carefully, to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment