Friday, August 16, 2013

Cheese Ball


 I made this cheese ball awhile ago to try out these mini toasts I got at Whole Foods.


The toasts were gross. (I was expecting melbatoast and I got yukatoast)

And to top it off I cut my hand on the food processor.


You know where you're not supposed to put you're hand? Yeah.
 So, I actually do know why I never posted these.

But I'd rather not talk about it.

It's something else to add about what these cheese balls are to me.
 I used to not eat them because of "the funny black spots".

  I remember a 2nd grade Thanksgiving party when I brought it and ate none of it.

Yes, me. Olive lover extraordinaire.

Of course when I was probably 10, I realized they were olives and fell in love.

Classic love story. Girl meets dip. Girl hate dip. Girl makes dip. Girl loves dip.


So here it is: the family cheese ball

(from my mom's side)










I heard "Akinla" by Flea Sowade while driving home from cross country practice.
This orchestra totally doesn't do it justice, but I couldn't find another version.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 4 oz. bleu cheese
  • 1/4 t. grated onion
  • 1 can pitted ripe black olives (drained and chopped) 
  • 1 package sliced almonds 

Directions:

Blend softened butter, cheeses, onion and olives. Shape in a ball and roll in almonds. Refrigerate. (This also freezes well) Serve with crackers (definitely not these toasts though!)

No comments:

Post a Comment