The first weeks of schools have started, and temperatures are finally starting to reflect the month.
I am proud to announce: fall has arrived!
And what better way to welcome it than soup is there?
"Everyday Superhero" Smash Mouth
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 1/2 lbs orange sweet potatoes (yams), peeled and cubed
- 1 lb zucchini, sliced
- 2 qts (8 cups) yellow vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and diced (or 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped roasted peanuts or fresh thyme leaves for garnish (optional)