Although buckeyes are really a Christmas recipe, as an Ohioan, I think I can enjoy them anytime.
Isn't that in the Ohio Revised Code?
Silliness aside, I made these for my friend's birthday.
"I Don't Care I Love It" Icona Pop
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter, vanilla and confectioners' sugar. The dough will look dry. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Press a toothpick into the top of each ball (to be used later as the handle for dipping) and chill in freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir frequently until smooth.
- Dip frozen peanut butter balls in chocolate holding onto the toothpick. Leave a small portion of peanut butter showing at the top to make them look like Buckeyes. Put back on the cookie sheet and refrigerate until serving.